We’re planning to host a Poles 1 team relay race instead of ribbon races at the May two-day show. Here’s how it works:
- Each team has five members (whoever you choose–skill levels can vary).
- One member does the Poles 1 pattern down and back. When that person crosses the timer, the next member goes. This continues until the fifth rider has completed the pattern.
- Once a pole is knocked down, it stays down. If you ride the course after a teammate has knocked down a pole, you still have to weave the pole bases as though all poles were standing or receive a no-time/disqualification.
- At the end of five team members running, the judge tallies the number of penalties (2 seconds per pole down).
- All five team members’ times are added up, plus penalties. The team with the lowest combined time/score wins.
Prizes will be modest — this is more for fun than prizes — but we will have some prizes available for the winning team.
The cost to enter is $10 per person / $50 per team. Please register below and be sure to include your team name.
Note that a single rider can participate on multiple teams. Also, the same team can run twice if they run under two different team names and pay entry fees for both teams.